Dawn Marie is a nurse and patient advocate for the cannabis patient. She talks to us today as both a cannabis user and an intermediary between the patient and the doctor.
Today on The Medical POTcast, Dawn Marie talks about:
- How she overcame her chronic pain after a serious car accident and getting off of narcotics
- What if your pain specialist tests for cannabis?
- Benzodiazepines are tough to get off of, and so are antidepressants
- What to look for in online purchases of CBD, Certificate of Analysis, and USA vs overseas purchases
- Whole plant benefits and the Entourage effect
- Nurses with a unique voice and a go-between. Every patient deserves an advocate
- What do Recommending physicians really know
- Dawn Marie’s Aha moment when cannabis caused dry mouth making her take care of yourself
- Her worst cannabis moment when her friend and colleague from United Patient’s group died from cancer, while her father survived cancer
- Cannabis is not a cure-all
- Your endocannabinoid system is unique, like a fingerprint
- Don’t mx cannabis and alcohol
- Fired up about going overseas with Americans for Safe Access and working on international treaties to affect the Scheduling of cannabis with the DEA
- Be Flexible- things change every day in the cannabis world
- Facebook groups and upcoming conferences to attend
Be sure to tune in to Dawn Marie’s episode to learn more!
In peace and health,