Alex is the Assistant Manager at Kannavis Dispensary in Urbana, Maryland. He brings a unique perspective to cannabis use due to his own personal history and compassionate personality.
Today on The Medical POTcast, Alex talks about:
- How a topical cannabis product helped a patient of Alex’s with tremors and cramped hands regain her mobility
- How he got into the cannabis business and using it for his Lyme’s meningitis
- The difference between legal and non-legal weed, particularly safety
- How he ensures the cannabis coming into his dispensary is quality product free of mold
- What it’s like to work at a dispensary, training bud tenders, and patient consultations
- Synergistic effects of cannabis
- Realizing that his patients are hurting when they come in, and offering compassion as well as knowledge
- What happens if a patient stumps him with a cannabis question? Resources.
- Alex’s worst cannabis moment- a family member overdoses on an edible. How to help them deal with severe anxiety
- The car analogy- CBD, THC, and Terpenes, and how to keep them straight
- Cannabinoids from yeast, genetic modification
- Don’t be fearful of spreading the good word of cannabis; start the conversation
- Favorite internet resources
Be sure to tune in to Alex’s episode to learn more!
In peace and health,